Sunday, April 5, 2009

Finishing the crocheted bag


Can you see where I started the slight alteration from Lucy's bag at Attic24? I left space in the 5th row from the top to put a draw string through. I am a real purse slinger and felt that it would be safer for everyone involved if I were able to cinch my bag shut before slinging it hither and yon.


I found a tutorial for braiding cord online and created this pretty cord out of matching yarn for the drawstrings. I did as the tutorial suggested and made a loom from cardboard, but definately, make a new loom for the second string -- I didn't at first and the second string did not work out (the cardboard had gotten too loose, which made the cord too loose, which meant the 2nd cord was too short). Learn from my mistake.

So here is the completed bag as we were heading out the door for my brother-in-law's 40th birthday party. I am still undecided about adding flowers to the bag, but if I choose to, I can always do that anytime. Cheerleader likes it so much she asked me to make one for her!










No comments:

Post a Comment