A new crochet project, another attempt to use up the tail end of last summer's crap yarn. I found the stitch pattern on a blog (Sarah London Textiles) and made a sample but couldn't figure out the entire thing - so was thrilled when I found Reader's Digest Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches - because I found a very similar stitch pattern in there that took just a little tweaking. It's called interlocking block stitch, if you want to know, and it makes for a very dense piece of crochet!
Another view, earlier in the project.
Another view. I haven't measured it yet, as I am still undecided about a border. I have two large pieces of fabric which may work for the backing and that would determine whether there is a border or not. I am pleased with how it is turning out, but it is on hold during Christmas as I have knitting and other crafting projects in the works. And really, this quilt top has a Spring feel to me. (Forgot to mention that I got the idea for the strip quilt after looking at One More Moore).