Thursday, October 29, 2009

Knitting Bones; Knitting Cardigans

Big moment around here! Here is the fruit of my post-surgical, lay-about-the-sofa, past two-and-a-half weeks! My first knitted cardigan! Yay Me! I did make a couple of alterations to the pattern, namely I changed the neckline and ties to 4 rows of stockinette stitch instead of garter stitch, as I wanted it to curl; also, after consulting with Cheerleader, I decided to make the sleeves 3/4 length, rather than having them bell out to a wide, full length. Cheerleader thought this looked better - not so old ladyish (she's 16 now - :HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEERLEADER: so anything I wear must, by definition, be old ladyish!).
And I leave you with a photo of Ripple, looking as she has for much of my recovery period! Who knew when we bought a neutral colored sofa that the dog would blend so well? If not for the colorful blanket, she would be too easy to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment