Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Sunshine!

My baby is 14!!!! How did that ever happen?




She usually asks for this cake for her birthday and I have to admire her taste. That is pure Semi-sweet Chocolate Ganache poured over the top and sides of each piece of decadent chocolate cake. Way back when I used to have a cake business, this cake (in its regular incarnation, not gluten-free) was my biggest seller. I used to sell whole cakes, plus individual slices at the Corvallis Farmer's Market and the Monmouth Tea Festival (before it ended).





Today is also my dad's birthday. Happy 76th Dad! It took a little engineering having Sunshine on my dad's birthday, but where there is a will, there is a way!


Here is a picture we took in Aigues-Mortes, along the Mediterranean in France. This was the prettiest shop I have ever seen - all Nougats, Meringues, and darling cookies and candies. Looked like a never-ending birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment