Thursday, April 21, 2011

Steppin' Out in Style

About three weeks ago I stopped by the local GoodWill store. I was looking specifically for some orthopedic shoes - I had seen some there before.

I was pretty pumped when these Dansko Sanita sandals fit me so well and were so comfy. And at only $7.99 they came home with me.
About a week ago I got a flyer from the local Birkenstock store - they had the 2011 version of Dansko Sanitas for $120.00!
I really liked these sandals - they were in good shape (just a little wear shows on the elastic and some slight dirtiness at the bottom of the straps), and comfy, but just a wee bit bland.
No Longer Bland!

Several bottles of paint and a couple of very pleasant hours painting makes for some very exciting summer sandals!

Sunshine asked me not to paint them in my usual 'Mary Englebreit' fashion. She thought they should be more Scandinavian looking and I had to agree. After all, Dansko is a Danish brand.

Makes for some very happy feet!

1 comment:

  1. wow, what an amazing job you did! Great painting, I love it.
    Happy Easter,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete