Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm Beginning To Think . . .

that I won't be getting my April pair of socks finished in April!

The month started strong! I cast on for a pair of Jaywalker socks and was really enjoying them - nice pattern, nice knit - until I turned the heel and discovered there was no way they were going to stretch over my heel so that I would actually be able to wear them. So. The month was still young, I frogged them and started again - larger size this time. Knit, knit, knit, turn heel, try on. Same problem. No stretchy, no fitty. Well, I can learn. So, I tried a different pattern! And they are nice socks, and I am enjoying knitting them. But, dark brown yarn, size 0 dpns and my aging eyes make for many mistakes, so the going is slow. Long story short. No April socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment