Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Patchwork Cushion

Isn't it interesting how a project can be driven by materials on hand? I have been following Posie's blog http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/posie_gets_cozy/2009/06/grilled-shrimp-patches-and-a-book.htmland was dying to try her technique for patchwork cushions. I crocheted one of the cushions for the adirondack chairs out back and decided that patchwork was what I wanted for the other one. In my mind, I pictured something very similar to Posy's. But when I went through my stash and scraps, this is what I came up with. Now, don't get me wrong - it turned out beautifully (Posie's technique makes for the slickest piecework ever). But . . . it isn't right for the look I am striving for out back. I guess there is nothing for it, but to try again!

Here is a view of Abbaye de Hautecombe on Lac du Bourget. It is a beautiful spot on a lovely lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment