Friday, January 8, 2010

Lacy Sock Ta-Dah

Finally! I completed the first sock over Thanksgiving weekend, then waited two or three weeks before casting on the second. Something wasn't working right and I didn't know if I had made a mistake on the second sock, or made a mistake (un-repeatable) on the first sock. I ripped back three times before I finally got it right, because I knew that the one they were intended for would not be able to wear two socks that matched only by virtue of being knit from the same skein of yarn - she can't even eat an uneven number of m & m's.

These are Whit's Knits: Lace Anklets from The Purl Bee (www.purlbee.com) and they are knit with one skein of Knitpicks Stroll in Black Tweed and accented with Knitpicks Essential in Grasshopper on No. 1 and No. 2 needles. The only change I made was to add the stripe of accent color at the toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment